Harmony XL Pro Treatments
Over the last decade the use of light such as Lasers and Intense Pulsed Light sources (IPLs) machines/devices to treat cosmetic & medical skin conditions has grown and developed considerably.
Our Harmony XK Pro IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) and Laser machine is widely adopted to treat a range of cosmetic indications including hair removal, tattoo fading, nail bed (including toe nail) fungus, birthmarks and various skin lesions, stretch mark reduction, cellulite, acne and acne scarring, reducing the visibility of blood vessels and skin pigmentations, rejuvenating the skin and reducing the appearance of fat/body contouring. The team is more than happy to discuss the various uses of the Harmony XL Pro treatment, what is on offer at the Clinic and how it could help you.
Harmony XL Pro is used to treat the following:
- Tattoo removal
- Reduce redness caused by broken capillaries and Rosacea
- Eliminate spider veins including small red thread veins on legs
- Treat imperfections from sun damage and photo-ageing age spots
- Even out skin colour for a more youthful rejuvenated look
- Decrease stretch marks, fine lines and wrinkles
- Treat nail bed fungus
- Treat enlarged pores and acne and acne scarring
Harmony XL Pro Treatment FAQ’s:
How does it work?
Harmony XL Pro treatments are performed using various handpieces that deliver a broad spectrum of light onto the skin’s surface. The wavelengths of light penetrate deep into the skin tissue to stimulate the cells beneath the skin’s surface, and triggers the body’s response to eliminates injured tissues and dead skin cells.
Harmony XL Pro treatments are typically administered in a series of 4-6 treatments performed at intervals of a minimum of 4 weeks. Spreading the treatment over this period provides a gradual improvement of the skin, minimal amount of adverse effects and preserves the important “no downtime” feature of the program.
What are the benefits of Harmony skin rejuvenation?
In addition to improving uneven skin color, sun damage, facial redness (Rosacea), and pigmentation, the heat energy stimulates new collagen production beneath the skin surface, firming and rejuvenating the skin. After a series of treatments at intervals spaced 4 weeks apart the skin will appear more luminous, brighter and smoother. Improvements can be seen 10 days following the first treatment and enhanced results can be seen with each subsequent treatment. The results continue to improve long after the treatment, as it stimulates your own natural collagen to rebuild and rejuvenate the skin.
Are there any side effects?
The intensive light can cause slight swelling and redness in the treatment area, especially in areas where the skin is very thin or especially fragile. However, any redness or soreness typically subsides within a few hours after the procedure.
In the rare cases where side effects do occur, postpone further treatments until after complete healing. The most common side effects are as follows:
- Discomfort – a hot sensation may last for up to an hour after treatment. A cold compress or icepack may be used if desired.
- Blistering – there is always a slight possibility of developing a crust or blister, this is superficial and does not result in any scarring.
- Change of pigment – hypo (lighter) or hyper (darker) pigmentation occurs when there has been exposure to sunlight before or after treatment. This must be avoided 3-4 weeks before and after treatment.
- Excessive swelling – immediately after treatment the skin may swell temporarily and should subside within hours but can last up to 7 days.
- Fragile skin – the skin at or near the treatment site may become fragile – avoid makeup and do not rub the area.
- Bruising – a bruise may appear on the treated area and can last from 5-15 days.
Do I have to stay out of the sun?
It is important to protect your skin from direct sun exposure over the series of your treatments and it is highly recommended to use an spf30+ sunblock. Sun beds and sun bathing are to be avoided. Photorejuvenation treatments can be carried out all year round as long as you are not planning to be in full sun exposure immediately following a treatment.
How much does a Harmony XL Pro Treatments treatment cost?
If you'd like to find out more about the costs of our treatments simply click here